Have some leftover roasted chicken and not sure what to do with it? This is the recipe for you! A gluten free, dairy free comfort food your family is sure to love.
1 cup uncooked wild rice
2 cups roasted free range organic chicken, chunked
1-2 T avocado oil
3/4 cup organic celery, chopped
1 cup organic carrots, chopped
1/4 tsp organic onion powder
1 tsp dried organic thyme
1 tsp dried organic rosemary
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp organic black pepper
2 organic bay leaves
6 cups organic chicken broth
1 cups unsweetened organic almond milk
1. Rinse rice under cool water till water runs clear. Set aside.
2. Heat avocado oil to large soup pot or dutch oven. Add chopped celery and carrots and saute still slightly soft.
3. Add rice and saute until rice is lightly toasted. Stir often and be careful not to burn the rice.
4. Add thyme, rosemary, sea salt, black pepper, bay leaves, onion powder, chicken broth and chicken. Stir to incorporate. Cover and simmer on low until rice is cooked though. Approx. 40 mins.
5. When rice is cooked, add almond milk and heat through. Approx. 3 mins.
6. Taste and add any additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve and enjoy!